Friday, June 18, 2010

Two Months!

I'm a bit late with this post...I guess that's life with a newborn for you! Kate is now almost 11 weeks, but here are the photos I snapped when she was 2 months. At her 2 month appointment she was 24" long and 13 lbs...95th and 90th percentile respectively for those of you keeping track at home.




Kate loves playing on her activity mat now...it is so fun to watch her notice things around her. Two days ago she really started noticing Deacon and now she just smiles and smiles whenever he comes into her view. Kate rolled over for the first time just before she turned 2 months...I think that 95th percentile sized head got slightly off center during tummy time and over she went! She's repeated it several times since but never when I have the camera on her of course! :)

She still loves her bath and it is an essential part of our bedtime routine. She sleeps like nobody's business at night...usually 10-11 hours. But the trade off is she only cat naps during the day...usually when we're in the car and for 20 minutes at a time at most. She just doesn't want to miss any of the action I guess!


Kate started a little music class at our church 2 weeks ago and it is super cute. She really seems to enjoy the music and people watching the other little babies in the class. Here she is before class yesterday.


She's just an amazingly easy going baby so far. I think morning is still my most favorite time of day with her. I love peeking over her crib and seeing her smile widely when she sees me. Her stretches after she is set free from the swaddle are just precious. She doesn't normally cry when she wakes up in the morning...I usually have to just keep checking the video monitor and sure enough, when she's ready to get up there she is just looking into the camera like "come on in and get me!"

Kate and I are really looking forward to Sunday and celebrating Jake's first father's day! He's such a great daddy!



1 comment:

  1. ohhhh, sweet Kate! I've been away from blogland, but i looove getting to see these sweet pics. and 95th percentile? between your 70-hour labor and your protein shake milk, you DESERVE an easy baby!

    give Jake a father's day fist bump for me!

    ReplyDelete