Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

She's only 5 weeks old but my beautiful daughter has already figured out I love flowers and chocolates! :)

I had a GREAT first Mother's Day yesterday! Kate is still too small to take many places but we went for a nice walk around the neighborhood yesterday morning and picked up a special breakfast to bring home. Later on we were driving Kate and Deacon around because they both love a good car ride (and sometimes its the only thing that helps little Kate settle down) and stopped at one of our favorite yogurt places where I got a free yogurt for being a mom! Yay!

Her expression in this picture cracks me up. Sometimes she looks at me quite suspiciously.



And this one is either a fist pump because she's excited I'm her mom (please don't let her be a Jersey Shore fan) or she's ready for the photo shoot to be over and is unleashing tiny fists of fury. I'll let you decide.

I think I still look pretty sleepy in these pictures despite getting the best mother's day gift ever...Kate slept for 7 hours at night!! She's done that for the past 3 nights and I'm trying not to get too spoiled! But it is a pretty awesome feeling to be up before your 5 week old. My schedule and internal clock is so off these days that I was up at 4:30 so I took advantage of that time to clean the kitchen! :)
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!



1 comment: