Thursday, March 25, 2010

Predictions & Presidents...

...the stuff really good pregnancy dreams are made of!

It's been a while since I've posted about the crazy dreams I've had since being pregnant...but that by no means indicates that they've gone back to "normal."

A looooong time ago, like 4months or so I would say, I had a dream that we got a letter in the mail from our OB. And the letter was pretty much just to go ahead and let us know that our baby would arrive at 4pm on March 25th. Wouldn't it be nice if you could plan it out that way?! Well, guess what today is? :) If Kate is making her debut by 4pm, she'd better get going!

Just a couple nights ago I had a dream that I, in all my 9 months pregnant glory, single-handedly thwarted an assassination attempt on George W. Bush. You're welcome, world. I was like the toughest secret service you've ever seen, just incredibly pregnant. I woke up after W was safe and sound along with Mama Barbara and daughter Barbara...no idea where Jenna was. I was laughing and telling Jake about it saying "you know, I really thought he would have had more of an idea of what to do being a past president and all but I really had to hold his hand through the whole ordeal." I'm sure he was quite grateful for my expertise. I promise I haven't even watched a single episode of 24 yet this year (we're saving up for a post baby marathon) so I have no idea where that dream came from!

4 comments:

  1. never underestimate how the injection of pregnancy hormones might benefit Secret Service employees ... i love the mental image of you thwarting terrorists with bump in tow...

    also, FYI: work those 24 marathons in early. once, we were mid-episode when Bex woke from a nap, and thought "we'll just distract him and finish it." we thought wrong. the very next day, B had a playdate friend in a choke hold, jack bauer style. turns out, he had taken much more in than we'd thought ... it was a proud parenting moment, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! I love hearing about your dreams!! Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could write a book with all of your dreams! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing you probably have a wee one in your arms by this point! Especially since there has been a lot of silence around these parts. I actually got to meet the famous Kara ;) over the weekend. You girls are so sweet! Congrats on your new arrival! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete