Monday, January 25, 2010

Single Digits...

I can't believe I'm in my 31st week and now have just single digit weeks until our daughter gets here! Unless she decides to stay put past her due date, but still...she'll be here soon!!

We've started making some progress in the nursery but I feel like there is still so much to do! I decided in an ultimate display of nesting that we should get all new windows...so those should be installed this week and then we can get serious about painting and getting our baby girl's room ready! I'll definitely post pictures when it's all ready! We're so thankful for the generosity of family and friends already (my first shower isn't til this weekend but you wouldn't know that by the looks of all the stuff in her room!) and I just can't wait to get it all washed and unpacked and ready!

Here's the 30 week bump! I tend to forget how big I am and still get surprised when someone comments on my being pregnant. I should probably get over that given the size of the bump these days! :) I do find that people are extra nice and accomodating of pregnant ladies which is fun. It makes it a little more bearable when it's Saturday night and you are out with friends at a wine bar sipping on sparkling apple juice because you can at least count on someone to give up their seat for you! :)

In other big news, we've decided on a name for our little girl! She will be named Kate Elizabeth and we just love it! It's funny because we had narrowed the list down to 3 names...none of which were Kate but it just came to us one day and it stuck! Kate means "pure" and Elizabeth means "consecrated to God." Elizabeth is also her only aunt's middle name so that is kind of fun! We're praying this little one follows hard after Jesus all of her days and truly lives a life consecrated to her Creator! We can't wait to meet her!

3 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S a bump. Finally. Makes me very sad that I can't see it in real life. We could totally sip our sparkling apple juice and eat non-Skinny Cow deserts and compare back pain together...

    Love love love the name. Not that I ever doubted you, but that husband of yours was beginning to scare me a little... Can't wait to meet Sweet Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the name... LOVE LOVE LOVE it (you're about to receive an email with the same sentiment). Thank goodness your good sense won out over Jake's funny contributions. :-)

    And love the bump! YEA YEA YEA for babies! Whoo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...what a great name! and you look FABULOUS by the way! :) I can't wait to meet Kate Elizabeth! :) praying for you friend.

    ReplyDelete