Friday, October 2, 2009

Dreams

I've been fortunate to experience very few of the not so pleasant pregnancy symptoms so far. I have, however, been having some hilariously strange dreams. You may have thought from the title of this post that I'd be offering up some of our hopes and dreams for our future child here...instead you're going to get a taste of the crazy that has been going on in my head at night! Way more fun, right?

In my favorite dream so far, Jake and I were operating an animal rescue out of our backyard. For those of you that have seen the jungle that is our backyard, it had been totally revamped and looked like a nice habitat you'd find in a zoo or something. Anyway, we were running the rescue for yellow labs, golden retrievers and....one giant male LION. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how hard it is to find a good home for a lion (not to mention the worry he was going to eat your other animals).

In a more recent one, I decided to get 2 tattoos. Because why not? One on each forearm so there was no covering them up. The one on my left arm was my name...but unfortunately it was spelled wrong ("Cihristie"...don't know how that extra I got in there). The one on my right arm was Minnie Mouse. Gorgeous. Have to admit I was relieved when I woke up ink-free from that one.

I wonder what it is about pregnancy that causes strange and incredibly vivid dreams! Those must be some strong hormones!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! That is hysterical. And your delivery of the dreams made it just that much funnier. Here's to many more hilarious dreams - perhaps one for us to laugh at each Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also had crazy dreams this whole pregnancy! At least it makes it more fun to wake up in the morning and remember them :)

    ReplyDelete