Monday, October 12, 2009

15 weeks

We just got back from a fabulous trip to the beach for a nice long weekend. It is still hard for me to believe I was laying out on the beach in mid-October even though I've lived in Florida for 3 years! I should be used to this by now! While I felt like I was definitely starting to have a baby bump in my bikini, the 15 week belly watch picture shown below makes me wonder...I think I see the slightest little bump but I'm afraid it might be wishful thinking! I wake up every morning and check to see if I look pregnant yet...I've been reassured by friends that I will look and feel pregnant for long enough and should just enjoy every minute of it!

While at the beach, I did my best to work on the doctor mandated 4lb weight gain. Hopefully the ice cream cones and dinner at a Japanese steakhouse and one of our favorite Mexican restaurants did their job!

Here's Deacon's 15 weeks shot. He has to be wherever we are and sits right by me for the weekly belly pics so we figured we'd let him be in on the action. He smiled big for the camera in this one! He has no idea what he is in for in April! :)



I did have my first dream where I actually had the baby in my arms just 2 nights ago. It was just the cutest little boy imagineable! :) But it was a little distressing because I'm not sure what his name was...some people were calling him Conner which is nice but other people were calling him Isis which I'm pretty sure isn't even a name. Also featured in this particular dream, was a fish tank which we don't own...and one fish that was able to float right out of the tank and survive somehow just floating around up by the ceiling. It really stressed me out to have a fish floating around the house.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, your bump will come soon enough, but I remember being anxious for it to show up too. Unfortunately you still have to go through the "do I look pregnant or just fat?" stage before you actually have a prominent bump. We have weekly shots that look just like yours. It is really fun to look back at the growth! In later months you'll look back on this 15 week photo, and it will be difficult to remember what it felt like to have that flat of a tummy.

    And Isis is an Egyptian god. I wonder what that means for your child...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wikipedia'ed Isis after seeing your comment and it turns out she is the Egyptian goddess of motherhood and fertility! So weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay - that is just weird. But I laughed outloud at your "I'm pretty sure that's not even a name" comment. So the Christie that we all love.

    Some people (ah-hem, my husband) think the fish thing is a metaphor for your baby being born (floating out - don't we wish it was that easy!) and surviving on his/her own. What telling dreams! And uh - NO, you have no baby bump (yet!)... you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm Isis?? fish out of water? Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embrace your skinny belly girl... your bump will be here soon! i miss our beach trips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I hate to threaten a pregnant lady, but if "doctor mandated weight gain" is going to be on oft-repeated phrase on this blog, then I'm going to need some of Courtney's Peyote.

    I kid you not, at my last visit, my doctor was just dumbfounded. As in, I stepped on the scale, her face morphed into Edvard Munch's "Scream," and she. said. nothing.

    Ryan's response? Extreme eye brow raise ... which led to a rather unpleasant ride home for him. Tell Jake to begin practicing "suitable husband responses" for all things pregnancy-related now.

    And go eat a cupcake, for crying out loud.

    ReplyDelete